Shapespark has been updated to version
2018-01-29 - Shapespark 1.5.4
- Fix lightmap baking errors. For some scenes the baking process was failing at the very end of baking, which resulted in a message 'Bake failed: process exited with non-zero status.'.
- Fix reversed mouse navigation in Internet Explorer. IE was incorrectly detected as a mobile browser, so mouse navigation moved the model (as on touch-screen devices) instead of the camera.
- Fix reflective materials not being rendered in Firefox on Android.
- Allow to enter any values as light probe bounding boxes dimensions in the editor. The dimensions are now validated when the number input loses focus, not when the digits are typed.
2018-01-19 - Shapespark 1.5.3
- Sky texture can be now used in all types of views: walk, top and orbit. Sky texture visibility is controled with the Show sky texture setting in the Viewer tab. By default the sky texture is turned on only for walk-type views.
2018-01-08 - Shapespark 1.5.2
- Fixed an issue in removing unused diffuse UV coordinates performed on scene upload. The removal phase had a bug that made UV mapping incorrect for objects using coordinates from a large range.
2018-01-04 - Shapespark 1.5.1
- We are launching Shapespark Community forum at https://forum.shapespark.com, please join!
- Drop the 'experimental' annotation for CUDA GPU baking. CUDA baking proofed to work well.
- The uploaded scene list at https://cloud.shapespark.com now includes Twitter and Facebook share buttons. The buttons can be hidden at https://cloud.shapespark.com/#settings.
- Change the auto-update mechanism to check for updates not only during the application launch, but every 4h.
- Shapespark plugin for SketchUp suggests a valid scene names if a name entered by the user contains reserved characters.
- Fixed bake failures for scenes with large objects that do not fit into a lightmap. A procedure that searched for a suitable lightmap resolution for such objects resulted in an error.
- Fixed diffuse UV mapping for objects with very high UV values. Some UV mapping tools produce large, not normalized UV values that require good precision (for example values between 140000 and 140000.1). UV quantization rounded such large values which resulted in incorrect texture mappings.
- Fixed handling of textures with commas in ICC profile names.
2017-12-05 - Shapespark 1.5.0
- Fireflies filter. New post-processing filter that automatically removes square artifacts caused by fireflies in baked scenes. The artifacts appeared in scenes with strong light sources that directly illuminated very near objects. It is no longer necessary to move strong lights away from objects to prevent such artifacts.
- Fix saving of scenes with sky textures. The bug was introduces in the Shapespark version 1.4.3 and caused load failures after a scene with a sky texture was saved from the editor.
2017-12-01 - Shapespark 1.4.3
- Change the Override checkboxes in the Materials tab to a lock and an unlock icons (the icons are used to control if the base color and opacity properties are imported from a 3D modeling program or set in the Shapespark editor).
- Handle incorrect SketchUp plugins directory structure while installing the SketchUp extension.
2017-11-26 - Shapespark 1.4.2
- Fix for SketchUp extension installation error on machines without SketchUp installed.
2017-11-24 - Shapespark 1.4.1
- Support for SketchUp 2018.
- Foot distance unit option for FBX and OBJ import.
- Better handling of textures with insignificant transparency. Textures which contain a small amount of pixels with only a slight transparency are now treated as if they were fully opaque which improves their rendering quality.
- Fixed walking by clicking the mouse button in the full screen mode. The destination of the walk is now determined from the point at the center of the camera.
- Fixed occasional Shapespark editor launch failures happening immediately after updating Shapespark to a new version. Such failures were caused by the automatic scene format conversion process taking too long and blocking the editor from launching. The conversion process has been improved and now the editor never has to wait for the scene format conversion to finish.
2017-10-30 - Shapespark 1.4.0
- Texture atlases. Non-repeating textures are automatically packed together into atlases to limit the download size and the number of textures that are used at run-time.
- Faster scene imports. Compressed textures (DXT, PVR, ETC1) are no longer generated during the scene import, but during the upload.
2017-10-05 - Shapespark 1.3.6
- Switched PVRTC texture compression for iOS devices to use the compressor from Imagination Technologies (PVRTexLib).
- Fixed post-processing failures for scenes containing tiny triangles baked with low lightmap resolution.
2017-09-20 - Shapespark 1.3.5
- Automatic tours. A new presentation mode in which the user is automatically navigated between all the views in the scene. The tour can be enabled for the scene from the editor Viewer tab, then a button for starting the tour is added to the bottom menu. The tour can be also configured to start after the scene is loaded without any user interaction.
- Acceleration and deceleration when switching to a view to make the camera move smoother.
- Increase the camera speed when switching to a distant view. For large exterior scenes the switch used to take too long.
2017-09-06 - Shapespark 1.3.4
- Increased maximum walking speed configurable in the Camera tab.
- Fixed post-processing failures for low-resolution UV layouts containing degenerated triangles.
2017-08-30 - Shapespark 1.3.3
- Multi-core lightmap denoising. All the CPU cores are used for the lightmap denoising, which makes this process a few times faster (2x faster on a dual-core CPU, 4x on a quad-core one etc.)
- Performance improvements (about 14% speedup) for CPU baking.
- Fix lightmap artifacts affecting some of the scenes with multiple lightmaps created with Shapespark 1.3.
- Fix post-processing failures for some complex scenes having more than 3M triangles.
2017-08-07 - Shapespark 1.3.2
- Support for baking on multiple CUDA devices at once. The Device option of the Bake tab allows to choose a MULTI device consisting of all the CUDA devices in the system.
- An option to turn progressive loader on/off. The option is placed in the Viewer tab.
- Ensure unique material names on FBX import. Some FBX files contain materials with duplicate names. Now during import the duplicate material names are given suffixes to ensure their uniqueness. Fixes baking failures for scenes imported from FBX files with duplicate material names (requires reimporting such scenes).
2017-07-27 - Shapespark 1.3.1
- Base color texture setting. Base color texture can be set in the editor, so changing a material's base color texture no longer needs to be done in the 3D modelling tool.
- Base color texture correction. Color correction can be applied to a base color texture in the editor, without the need to edit the texture in an external program. Two color correction operations are possible: contrast and HSL color shift.
- CUDA device selection. In systems with multiple CUDA devices the Device option of the Bake tab lists all the CUDA devices and allows to select one to use. Previously, only one CUDA device was listed.
- Total baking time information. The time the baking job took is displayed as a tooltip while hovering the mouse on the finised job in the Jobs list of the Bake tab.
- Mouse-triggered teleport in the VR mode. Clicking a mouse button triggers teleport in the VR mode.
- Support for TIFF and TGA (Targa) textures.
- Canonical formats for textures. All the source textures are converted to JPG and PNG (if transparency is needed) formats, and these formats are used if a device does not support compressed formats. Fixes baking failures happening for certain source BMP textures.
2017-07-13 - Shapespark 1.3.0
- Progressive loader. Allows to start interacting with the scene before all resources are loaded to improve the experience for users with slow internet connection.
- Automatic detection of objects with identical geometry. The detection works no matter if the objects are instances in the 3D modeling program. Reduces download size, especially for scenes with many repeating objects, like office spaces.
- Better lightmap packing. Empty spaces in the lightmap UV islands are now filled with other UV islands, which reduces lightmaps count and sizes.
- Improved lightmap encoding. Fixes banding artifacts that were visible in some dark areas.
- Improved automatic scene migrations. If a Shapespark application update introduces scene format changes that require migration of scenes on the user computer, the migration progress is now shown in the main Shapespark window. The user can start working with a scene immediately after the scene is migrated, even if other scenes are still being migrated. Shapespark can be safely closed while the migrations are running.
- New Double sided setting in the editor Materials tab. If enabled, both sides of the objects covered with the material are rendered and visible. The setting is useful for small objects, such as leaves, that are modeled as flat 2D surfaces but should be visible from both sides.
- Fix uploading of scenes for which the sky texture was added in an HDR format.
- Do not show the VR button on iOS devices if a scene is opened in an iframe. iOS doesn't allow accelerometer events, that are required for VR to work, to be delivered to an iframe.
- Use the KTX container for all compressed texture formats, drop the use of the DDS container.
2017-05-23 - Shapespark 1.2.4
- Menu and help are now hidden in the VR mode on iOS, so they do not interfere with the stereoscopic image.
- Switch to one common lightmap format for all the browsers. There is no longer a format specific to iOS browsers and Internet Explorer. Reduces the size of the scene on disk and the upload time.
2017-05-05 - Shapespark 1.2.3
- Fixed PVRTC texture generation causing mipmapped textures to be rendered black on some iOS devices.
2017-04-28 - Shapespark 1.2.2
- Generate compressed version of textures for iOS (PVRTC) and Android (ETC1) devices. Such textures reduce the amount of memory used by the scene and allow larger scenes to run on mobile devices.
- Added Troubleshooting section to the help.
2017-04-04 - Shapespark 1.2.1
- Fixed baking failures for empty meshes.
2017-03-30 - Shapespark 1.2.0
- Refreshed the viewer UI.
- Two help modes in the viewer: basic with the most important controls, and advanced with all the supported controls.
- Basic support for VR controllers and gamepads. A controller button can be used to immediately activate the VR teleport.
- Fixed installation and scene export problems for users that have non-ASCII characters in Windows usernames.
- Changed geometry index buffer to take into account lightmap UVs. The index buffer is now used also for rendering which reduces geometry size in the GPU memory by about 50%.
- Improved sorting of transparent objects, reduces the number of cases when transparent materials are incorrectly mixed together because objects are rendered in a wrong order.
- Added an OpenGraph meta tag to the viewer to show the scene opening cover when the scene is shared on sites that support OpenGraph (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, LinkedIn).
- A clearer error message when the scene upload fails due to internet connection problems.
2017-03-02 - Shapespark 1.1.2
- Improved the Shapespark Help, in particular added a Frequently Asked Questions section.
- Detect potentially too large scene scale and issue a warning.
- Inform about lightmap baking for a scene without a lightmap opened in the editor.
2017-02-16 - Shapespark 1.1.1
- Documented Cinema 4D import via the COLLADA format.
- Use simple headlight lighting for unbaked scenes also in the view mode (it was already used for unbaked scenes in the edit mode).
- Further scene geometry storage reduction leading to shorter download times and smaller GPU memory consumption.
- Fixed materials with mirror-like reflections being rendered black on some mobile devices.
2017-02-01 - Shapespark 1.1.0
- Newer and prettier bundled example-room scene.
- Scene geometry storage reduced by 10-15% leading to shorter download times and smaller GPU memory consumption.
- Improved support for baking on CUDA devices.
- Various optimizations improving frame-rate for complex scenes on slower devices.
- Fixed reflections for scenes starting in the Top or Orbit view with ceiling or some other large objects hidden.
2017-01-23 - Shapespark 1.0.38
- Added gaze-based teleport in the VR mode. Looking at a fixed point for a few seconds teleports the viewer to this point.
- Orbit and top views no longer show the sky texture.
- Improved merging vertices for the purpose of lightmap UVs generation. It fixes lighting artifacts for models in which there are duplicated vertices, but the normals of the duplicates differ very slightly.
2017-01-12 - Shapespark 1.0.37
- Disabled auto-smoothing for objects imported without vertex normals.
- Fixed editor selection precision issues ocurring on some computers. Previously, on such computers clicking on a small object or material might have selected incorrect object/material.
- Fixed light probe bounding box being rendered black in the editor on some computers.
2017-01-05 - Shapespark 1.0.36
- Improved automatic light probe bounding box size detection to reduce the number of cases when the box size needs to be manually adjusted.
- Made FBX the main import format for 3ds Max and documented the new import process.
- Restricted editor number input fields to ensure the value is from the correct range. For example: a value higher than 1.0 entered for material Opacity is automatically clamped to 1.0.
- Fixed a bug with not detecting mouse button release outside of of the viewer that affected Google Chrome users. When the mouse was released outside of the viewer and then the pointer re-entered the viewer, the mouse was incorrectly treated as pressed.
- Removed the box collider setting from the editor's Objects tab.
- Marked CUDA support as experimental.
2016-12-29 - Shapespark 1.0.35
- Faster scene upload.
- Faster web textures generation during the scene import and update.
- Place the camera in the scene center when an opened scene has no views.
- Make the scene center the intial orbit point for orbit-type views.
- Fixed a light probe initialization bug that caused rendering artifacts when a light probe was added from the editor.
- Do not import cameras for .fbx, .dae and .obj sources.
2016-12-21 - Shapespark 1.0.34
2016-12-07 - Shapespark 1.0.33
- A form for reporting problems and asking support questions from the main Shapespark window.
- Do not show switch to full screen menu item if the viewer is launched from an iframe without the 'allowfullscreen' attribute.
- Fixed the viewer resizing problems on Safari mobile when a device is rotated.
2016-12-02 - Shapespark 1.0.32
- During scene import always convert textures with embedded ICC profile to sRGB color space. Improves color accuracy for browsers without proper ICC profiles support.
- Added 'Uploaded scenes' link to the main Shapespark window.
2016-11-22 - Shapespark 1.0.31
Shapespark leaves closed beta.