Shapespark has been updated to version
2019-04-26 - Shapespark 1.10.0
- Automatic lightmap resolution adjustment. Now, Shapespark automatically lowers the lightmap resolution to fit the scene in the given number of lightmaps. Previously, if the lightmap resolution was too high Shapespark requested the user to lower the lightmap resolution manually.
- Significantly shorten the UV unwrapping time for spring-like shapes, for example: folded towels, folded bedclothes, springs. Now, the existence of such objects in the scene doesn't lengthen the unwrapping process.
- Make [ and ] keys switch to previous/next view.
- Fix viewport size issues after orientation change on iOS devices.
- Improve scene upload effectiveness on unreliable connections. The retry logic for the failed resource upload has been improved, and the number of retries has been increased.
- Fix failure to import a 3D file when the file path contains Unicode characters.
2019-03-20 - Shapespark 1.9.4
- Fix CUDA devices not being detected for users whose Windows logins contain national characters.
- Allow to automatically show the help pop-up during scene load using #help URL hash.
- Fix WebGL context restoration for instanced geometries. This issue caused rendering artifacts in Windows Mixed Reality.
- Fix looking around with mouse or keyboard arrows in the VR mode. Previously such controls used incorrect center of rotation.
- Make unhiding the mouse pointer (L key) not exit the viewer's full screen mode.
- Fix importing opacity of solid color materials from the glTF file format.
- Fix SketchUp exporter being unable to communicate with the Shapespark desktop application on systems where DNS does not resolve localhost to 127.0.0.1.
- Update the version of NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit used for building Shapespark to 10.1.
2019-02-05 - Shapespark 1.9.3
- Fix scene saving error if the desktop application configuration file is absent. The error was introduced in the just released Shapespark 1.9.2.
2019-02-04 - Shapespark 1.9.2
- Change the desktop full screen mode to show the mouse pointer. L key can be used to hide the pointer.
- Increase the maximum resolution of screenshots taken in the editor (P key) to 8000 x 8000.
- Make it easier to create orbit views. If a new orbit view is added while the camera is already in the orbit mode, the new view uses the current orbit center instead of the default one.
- Save baking device selection for all scenes, not only the current one.
2019-01-21 - Shapespark 1.9.1
- Make the viewer's view list scrollable and prevent it from overlapping with the bottom menu bar.
- Add buttons to hide the user interface of the viewer.
- Decrease the number of draw calls in the viewer mode by merging materials with identical properties.
- Fix a regression introduced in version 1.9.0 causing baking progress bar to be shown only for the first lightmap.
2018-12-31 - Shapespark 1.9.0
- Support for baking on NVIDIA Turing architecture GPUs (eg. RTX 20xx family graphics cards).
- Baking on NVIDIA Fermi architecture GPUs (eg. GTX 4xx and GTX 5xx families graphics cards) is no longer supported.
- Performance improvements decreasing baking time on CPU by about 35% and denoising time by about 50%.
- Allow to select arbitrary subset of CUDA devices for baking. Previously either a single GPU or all GPUs could be selected.
- Fix a regression introduced in 1.8.2 causing scene bundling to fail.
2018-12-20 - Shapespark 1.8.2
- Support for rectangular area lights.
- Provide default configuration for Internet Information Services (Microsoft's web server) inside a self-hosting bundle.
- Fix detection of an Oculus Touch button press.
- Improved blending of transparent objects using cut-out textures (eg. plants) with regular transparent objects.
- Fix a regression introduced in 1.8.1 causing the scene to be rendered without reflections for a short while after the scene is loaded.
2018-11-28 - Shapespark 1.8.1
- New extension anchor type: sprite - rendered as a rectangle with text always facing the camera.
- Allow to select an extension in the editor's Viewer tab by clicking on the extension's anchor (sphere or sprite) in the viewport.
- Background opacity setting for anchors.
- Password reset link available in the application log in window.
- Fix VR mode on iOS.
- Fix sky texture missing from light probes and screenshots.
- Fix straight lines twisting on sky textures. It had been particularly visible for skies with tall buildings.
2018-11-08 - Shapespark 1.8.0
- Share geometry buffers for instanced meshes in the Shapespark viewer. This significantly reduces the viewer memory consumption, especially for scenes with many repeating objects, like office spaces. Previously, the geometry was shared, but only in storage and transfer.
- Make click and VR teleport pass through objects with collisions disabled.
- Activate teleport when #view=view-name URL hash changes. It allows to use the Open website extension (now renamed to Open URL) to switch to one of the views without reloading the scene.
- Added #mobilehi URL hash to force mirror light probes generation on mobile devices. Mirror light probes used for mirror-like reflections are off by default on mobile devices to limit the memory usage.
- Added #flipmouse URL hash allowing to make the mouse rotate the scene instead of the camera in the Walk view mode.
2018-10-23 - Shapespark 1.7.7
- Fix an issue introduced in Shapespark 1.7.6 causing lightmap baking/post-processing errors for users with non-Latin characters in their Windows account name.
- Fix SketchUp extension being unable to localize user's temporary directory on some Windows configurations.
2018-10-12 - Shapespark 1.7.6
- Allow to set the orbit mode angle limits. The new Angle limit setting in the Viewer tab allows to set the vertical orbit range within -90 and 90 degrees.
- Introduce a naming convention that allows to import multiple objects as instances of the same type for file-based 3D model imports. If an object name starts from __NAME__ (NAME preceded and succeeded by double underscores) it is imported as object of type NAME.
- Fix viewer performance problems on Macs with Radeon GPUs.
- Fix stairs climbing with click based teleport and VR gaze teleport. When the teleport destination was at the top or bottom of the stairs, the teleport could stop somewhere on the stairs before reaching the destination, which required additional teleport activations to climb the whole stairs.
- Fix file-based imports of models that contain objects with empty geometries. Such models rendered black after the import.
- Fix camera climbing onto clickable extension spheres for scenes with the camera Auto climb enabled.
- Detect and show to the user CUDA out of memory bake errors. Such errors caused the lightmap to be baked black without any user visible message.
- Allow to specify the initial view with the #view=view-name URL hash.
2018-09-13 - Shapespark 1.7.5
- Support for head-end.html and body-end.html HTML files allowing to customize the viewer UI. If present in the scene directory, these files are inserted as snippets, respectively, at the end of the <head> section and at the end of the <body> section of the scene's index.html file.
2018-09-07 - Shapespark 1.7.4
- Change click-based teleport to take maximum 4.5 seconds. Allows to faster navigate larger scenes.
- Fix click-based teleport not handling clicks in objects further than 100 meters away.
- Automatically generate favicons for scenes.
- Support for custom-cover.jpg, custom-thumbnail.jpg, custom-favicon.ico images in the scene directory. Such images, if present, are used instead of automatically generated cover, thumbnail and favicon images.
- Respect material Double sided setting during collision detection. Back sides of double sided materials now also trigger collisions.
- Fix importing of multi-page TIFF images.
- Read scale and up axis information from FBX. FBX imports no longer require setting these values in the import dialog.
- Initial support for importing additional material properties via a JSON file passed together with the main model file (FBX, OBJ, DAE). The JSON allows to import roughness, metallic, bump and emissive properties. This is intended to help writing custom importers that won't require the use of Shapespark editor to tune materials.
2018-08-21 - Shapespark 1.7.3
- Support for Microsoft Mixed Reality headsets.
- For file-based 3D model imports allow to specify the up axis (Y or Z) if such information is not included in the 3D file format. Previously, Y up axis was always assumed in such cases.
- For file-based 3D model imports allow to import multiple lights as instances of a single light. If an input light name starts from __NAME__ (NAME preceded and succeeded by double underscores) it is imported as an instance of a light named NAME.
- Allow for any gamepad to activate the VR teleport. Previously, buttons of only one gamepad were handled.
- Fix invalid camera yaw rotation after teleporting in VR.
- Choose a more convenient default view if the scene has no views (for example because it has just been imported). The default view is now placed where most of the meshes are, not just in the scene bounding box center.
- Fix sky sphere positioning to always wrap the whole scene.
- Handle WebGL context lost & restore. In some cases, like entering VR mode on Microsoft Mixed Reality headset or switching on/off a GPU, the browser may take the WebGL context away from the Shapespark viewer and give it back after some time. Shapespark viewer now doesn't fail in such cases, but switches to the restored context.
2018-07-30 - Shapespark 1.7.2
- Open Website viewer extension allowing to open a website as a reaction to clicking an extension sphere. In particular, it enables creating an interlinked set of scenes, where one can go from a scene to another by clicking an extension sphere.
- Fix alpha-cutout texture detection not working for scenes without light probes.
- Fix scene load error for scenes with materials using roughnes/metallic/bump texture but no diffuse texture.
2018-07-23 - Shapespark 1.7.1
- Fix lack of image in the render preview. The bug was introduced in 1.7.0.
2018-07-20 - Shapespark 1.7.0
- Improved handling of alpha cutout textures, such as plant textures that use alpha channel to reduce plant geometry size. Such textures no longer exhibit render-order related artifacts.
- Allow to set custom logo URL per each scene from the editor. Such custom logo takes priority over the custom logo set at https://cloud.shapespark.com/#settings.
- Allow to customize color of clickable extension spheres.
- Mark a view menu item immediately when the item is clicked. The view is marked with dark blue and switches to lighter blue when teleport to the view finishes.
- Always show finished jobs in the Bake tab if the list of such jobs is non-empty.
- Apply camera exposure and gamma also to the sky textures.
- Viewer support for HDR sky textures. HDR sky textures are no longer converted to LDR format, but used as HDR by the viewer.
- Make scene import finish successfully for a case when some input textures are corrupted. Such textures are replaced on import with solid red color textures, so they can be easily noticed after the import.
- Self-hosting: Do not precompress HTML and CSS files in a self-hosting bundle. Several users experienced problems to configure web servers to serve precompressed HTML and CSS files without compressing them again. Also some windows FTP clients (FileZilla) incorrectly use ASCII mode to transfer compressed HTML and CSS files which corrupts the files.
- Self-hosting: Use RewriteRule instead of SetEnv in the .htaccess file bundled for self-hosting. SetEnv is not available on some Apache hosting services, RewriteRule is widely available.
- Fix a bug introduced in version 1.6.3 that caused compressed textures to be regenerated during each upload, which increased upload time.
- Fix lightmap bake failures for meshes that consist only of degenerated triangles.
2018-06-13 - Shapespark 1.6.3
- Fix teleport clicks immediately jumping to destination in some cases.
- Fix saving screenshots to a PNG format. There is no longer a 50%-transparent layer which made the screenshot images look pale.
- Increase camera near distance in the orbit mode to prevent Z-fighting artifacts.
- Make collision detection work for meshes that have been unhidden.
- Fix scenes corrupted by cancelling the upload during the web texture generation phase. Re-running the upload repairs such scenes.
2018-04-25 - Shapespark 1.6.2
- Icons for clickable extension spheres. As an alternative to text, spheres can now display icons from the subset of the Font Awesome icon font.
- P key in the editor allows to save a screenshot of the scene. The screenshot renders the current view to a file with a resolution given by the user, so it can have higher resolution than the screen resolution.
- Prettier and stackable editor notification pop-ups.
- Fix horizontal head movements not working in the VR mode in Chrome 65 on Android.
- Make hidden objects not intercept clicks into extension anchor spheres.
- Use versioned resource paths in self-hosting bundles. Uploading a bundle with a new scene version to own hosting no longer requires using a new URL for the scene.
2018-04-10 - Shapespark 1.6.1
- Enable reflections on Edge, IE and Android devices.
- Change the material picker extension to replace all uses of one material with the selected material. Previously it replaced the material only on one selected object type.
- All lists in the editor (material list, view list, object tree etc.) are now automatically scrolled to an entity that is selected in the editor viewport.
- Various editor UI improvements related to the viewer extensions.
2018-03-30 - Shapespark 1.6.0
- Three viewer extensions that increase interactivity of the
scenes (configured in the editor Viewer tab):
- HTML label - allows to place additional information in the scene. Labels support HTML content, including text, images and videos (eg. YouTube or Vimeo videos).
- Audio - allows to play audio when the scene is viewed.
- Material picker - allows to change materials.
- Attempt to automatically arrange light probes when a scene is imported for the first time.
- Automatically lock mobile device orientation to landscape in the full-screen mode.
- Fix a bug in the lightmap seam fixer that caused baking to fail for some scenes with very large triangles (eg. terrain triangles).
2018-03-14 - Shapespark 1.5.6
- Color picker for material, sky and light colors.
- Updated importer for OBJ/DAE/FBX:
- Adds preliminary support for importing from Revit through OBJs produced by inglegreen OBJ Exporter for Revit .
- Adds support for importing GLTF files.
- Fixes handling of lights from FBX that were rotated by 90°.
- Fixes importing of OBJ models that use textures with spaces in file names.
- Fixed baking engine crashes for scenes that include objects with base color textures but with missing diffuse UVs.
- An editor configuration option to limit the number of simultanously uploaded files. The option is intended for users that are behind proxies that do not allow for several concurrent uploads.
2018-02-21 - Shapespark 1.5.5
- Do not allow a scene to be edited while a lightmap for the scene is baked.
- Improved support for transparency in reflections. Transparent materials were not visible in the reflected image. After the change transparent pixels with low alpha (for example window glass) are not visible, but pixels with high alpha (for example leaves) are visible.
- Highlight the destination view name after the user is teleported to the view.
- Ensure minimum dimensions for GPU-compressed textures are respected. DXT and ETC1 textures are now at least 4x4, PVRTC at least 8x8.
- An informative message if the user attempts to import SketchUp model via '.skp' file instead of the extension for SketchUp.
- Improved lightmap encoding to fix problems with high light intensity pixels in IE and Edge. Overexposed pixels were rendered as black in these two browsers.
2018-01-29 - Shapespark 1.5.4
- Fix lightmap baking errors. For some scenes the baking process was failing at the very end of baking, which resulted in a message 'Bake failed: process exited with non-zero status.'.
- Fix reversed mouse navigation in Internet Explorer. IE was incorrectly detected as a mobile browser, so mouse navigation moved the model (as on touch-screen devices) instead of the camera.
- Fix reflective materials not being rendered in Firefox on Android.
- Allow to enter any values as light probe bounding boxes dimensions in the editor. The dimensions are now validated when the number input loses focus, not when the digits are typed.
2018-01-19 - Shapespark 1.5.3
- Sky texture can be now used in all types of views: walk, top and orbit. Sky texture visibility is controled with the Show sky texture setting in the Viewer tab. By default the sky texture is turned on only for walk-type views.
2018-01-08 - Shapespark 1.5.2
- Fixed an issue in removing unused diffuse UV coordinates performed on scene upload. The removal phase had a bug that made UV mapping incorrect for objects using coordinates from a large range.
2018-01-04 - Shapespark 1.5.1
- We are launching Shapespark Community forum at https://forum.shapespark.com, please join!
- Drop the 'experimental' annotation for CUDA GPU baking. CUDA baking proofed to work well.
- The uploaded scene list at https://cloud.shapespark.com now includes Twitter and Facebook share buttons. The buttons can be hidden at https://cloud.shapespark.com/#settings.
- Change the auto-update mechanism to check for updates not only during the application launch, but every 4h.
- Shapespark plugin for SketchUp suggests a valid scene names if a name entered by the user contains reserved characters.
- Fixed bake failures for scenes with large objects that do not fit into a lightmap. A procedure that searched for a suitable lightmap resolution for such objects resulted in an error.
- Fixed diffuse UV mapping for objects with very high UV values. Some UV mapping tools produce large, not normalized UV values that require good precision (for example values between 140000 and 140000.1). UV quantization rounded such large values which resulted in incorrect texture mappings.
- Fixed handling of textures with commas in ICC profile names.
2017-12-05 - Shapespark 1.5.0
- Fireflies filter. New post-processing filter that automatically removes square artifacts caused by fireflies in baked scenes. The artifacts appeared in scenes with strong light sources that directly illuminated very near objects. It is no longer necessary to move strong lights away from objects to prevent such artifacts.
- Fix saving of scenes with sky textures. The bug was introduces in the Shapespark version 1.4.3 and caused load failures after a scene with a sky texture was saved from the editor.
2017-12-01 - Shapespark 1.4.3
- Change the Override checkboxes in the Materials tab to a lock and an unlock icons (the icons are used to control if the base color and opacity properties are imported from a 3D modeling program or set in the Shapespark editor).
- Handle incorrect SketchUp plugins directory structure while installing the SketchUp extension.
2017-11-26 - Shapespark 1.4.2
- Fix for SketchUp extension installation error on machines without SketchUp installed.
2017-11-24 - Shapespark 1.4.1
- Support for SketchUp 2018.
- Foot distance unit option for FBX and OBJ import.
- Better handling of textures with insignificant transparency. Textures which contain a small amount of pixels with only a slight transparency are now treated as if they were fully opaque which improves their rendering quality.
- Fixed walking by clicking the mouse button in the full screen mode. The destination of the walk is now determined from the point at the center of the camera.
- Fixed occasional Shapespark editor launch failures happening immediately after updating Shapespark to a new version. Such failures were caused by the automatic scene format conversion process taking too long and blocking the editor from launching. The conversion process has been improved and now the editor never has to wait for the scene format conversion to finish.
2017-10-30 - Shapespark 1.4.0
- Texture atlases. Non-repeating textures are automatically packed together into atlases to limit the download size and the number of textures that are used at run-time.
- Faster scene imports. Compressed textures (DXT, PVR, ETC1) are no longer generated during the scene import, but during the upload.
2017-10-05 - Shapespark 1.3.6
- Switched PVRTC texture compression for iOS devices to use the compressor from Imagination Technologies (PVRTexLib).
- Fixed post-processing failures for scenes containing tiny triangles baked with low lightmap resolution.
2017-09-20 - Shapespark 1.3.5
- Automatic tours. A new presentation mode in which the user is automatically navigated between all the views in the scene. The tour can be enabled for the scene from the editor Viewer tab, then a button for starting the tour is added to the bottom menu. The tour can be also configured to start after the scene is loaded without any user interaction.
- Acceleration and deceleration when switching to a view to make the camera move smoother.
- Increase the camera speed when switching to a distant view. For large exterior scenes the switch used to take too long.
2017-09-06 - Shapespark 1.3.4
- Increased maximum walking speed configurable in the Camera tab.
- Fixed post-processing failures for low-resolution UV layouts containing degenerated triangles.
2017-08-30 - Shapespark 1.3.3
- Multi-core lightmap denoising. All the CPU cores are used for the lightmap denoising, which makes this process a few times faster (2x faster on a dual-core CPU, 4x on a quad-core one etc.)
- Performance improvements (about 14% speedup) for CPU baking.
- Fix lightmap artifacts affecting some of the scenes with multiple lightmaps created with Shapespark 1.3.
- Fix post-processing failures for some complex scenes having more than 3M triangles.
2017-08-07 - Shapespark 1.3.2
- Support for baking on multiple CUDA devices at once. The Device option of the Bake tab allows to choose a MULTI device consisting of all the CUDA devices in the system.
- An option to turn progressive loader on/off. The option is placed in the Viewer tab.
- Ensure unique material names on FBX import. Some FBX files contain materials with duplicate names. Now during import the duplicate material names are given suffixes to ensure their uniqueness. Fixes baking failures for scenes imported from FBX files with duplicate material names (requires reimporting such scenes).
2017-07-27 - Shapespark 1.3.1
- Base color texture setting. Base color texture can be set in the editor, so changing a material's base color texture no longer needs to be done in the 3D modelling tool.
- Base color texture correction. Color correction can be applied to a base color texture in the editor, without the need to edit the texture in an external program. Two color correction operations are possible: contrast and HSL color shift.
- CUDA device selection. In systems with multiple CUDA devices the Device option of the Bake tab lists all the CUDA devices and allows to select one to use. Previously, only one CUDA device was listed.
- Total baking time information. The time the baking job took is displayed as a tooltip while hovering the mouse on the finised job in the Jobs list of the Bake tab.
- Mouse-triggered teleport in the VR mode. Clicking a mouse button triggers teleport in the VR mode.
- Support for TIFF and TGA (Targa) textures.
- Canonical formats for textures. All the source textures are converted to JPG and PNG (if transparency is needed) formats, and these formats are used if a device does not support compressed formats. Fixes baking failures happening for certain source BMP textures.
2017-07-13 - Shapespark 1.3.0
- Progressive loader. Allows to start interacting with the scene before all resources are loaded to improve the experience for users with slow internet connection.
- Automatic detection of objects with identical geometry. The detection works no matter if the objects are instances in the 3D modeling program. Reduces download size, especially for scenes with many repeating objects, like office spaces.
- Better lightmap packing. Empty spaces in the lightmap UV islands are now filled with other UV islands, which reduces lightmaps count and sizes.
- Improved lightmap encoding. Fixes banding artifacts that were visible in some dark areas.
- Improved automatic scene migrations. If a Shapespark application update introduces scene format changes that require migration of scenes on the user computer, the migration progress is now shown in the main Shapespark window. The user can start working with a scene immediately after the scene is migrated, even if other scenes are still being migrated. Shapespark can be safely closed while the migrations are running.
- New Double sided setting in the editor Materials tab. If enabled, both sides of the objects covered with the material are rendered and visible. The setting is useful for small objects, such as leaves, that are modeled as flat 2D surfaces but should be visible from both sides.
- Fix uploading of scenes for which the sky texture was added in an HDR format.
- Do not show the VR button on iOS devices if a scene is opened in an iframe. iOS doesn't allow accelerometer events, that are required for VR to work, to be delivered to an iframe.
- Use the KTX container for all compressed texture formats, drop the use of the DDS container.
2017-05-23 - Shapespark 1.2.4
- Menu and help are now hidden in the VR mode on iOS, so they do not interfere with the stereoscopic image.
- Switch to one common lightmap format for all the browsers. There is no longer a format specific to iOS browsers and Internet Explorer. Reduces the size of the scene on disk and the upload time.
2017-05-05 - Shapespark 1.2.3
- Fixed PVRTC texture generation causing mipmapped textures to be rendered black on some iOS devices.
2017-04-28 - Shapespark 1.2.2
- Generate compressed version of textures for iOS (PVRTC) and Android (ETC1) devices. Such textures reduce the amount of memory used by the scene and allow larger scenes to run on mobile devices.
- Added Troubleshooting section to the help.
2017-04-04 - Shapespark 1.2.1
- Fixed baking failures for empty meshes.
2017-03-30 - Shapespark 1.2.0
- Refreshed the viewer UI.
- Two help modes in the viewer: basic with the most important controls, and advanced with all the supported controls.
- Basic support for VR controllers and gamepads. A controller button can be used to immediately activate the VR teleport.
- Fixed installation and scene export problems for users that have non-ASCII characters in Windows usernames.
- Changed geometry index buffer to take into account lightmap UVs. The index buffer is now used also for rendering which reduces geometry size in the GPU memory by about 50%.
- Improved sorting of transparent objects, reduces the number of cases when transparent materials are incorrectly mixed together because objects are rendered in a wrong order.
- Added an OpenGraph meta tag to the viewer to show the scene opening cover when the scene is shared on sites that support OpenGraph (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, LinkedIn).
- A clearer error message when the scene upload fails due to internet connection problems.
2017-03-02 - Shapespark 1.1.2
- Improved the Shapespark Help, in particular added a Frequently Asked Questions section.
- Detect potentially too large scene scale and issue a warning.
- Inform about lightmap baking for a scene without a lightmap opened in the editor.
2017-02-16 - Shapespark 1.1.1
- Documented Cinema 4D import via the COLLADA format.
- Use simple headlight lighting for unbaked scenes also in the view mode (it was already used for unbaked scenes in the edit mode).
- Further scene geometry storage reduction leading to shorter download times and smaller GPU memory consumption.
- Fixed materials with mirror-like reflections being rendered black on some mobile devices.
2017-02-01 - Shapespark 1.1.0
- Newer and prettier bundled example-room scene.
- Scene geometry storage reduced by 10-15% leading to shorter download times and smaller GPU memory consumption.
- Improved support for baking on CUDA devices.
- Various optimizations improving frame-rate for complex scenes on slower devices.
- Fixed reflections for scenes starting in the Top or Orbit view with ceiling or some other large objects hidden.
2017-01-23 - Shapespark 1.0.38
- Added gaze-based teleport in the VR mode. Looking at a fixed point for a few seconds teleports the viewer to this point.
- Orbit and top views no longer show the sky texture.
- Improved merging vertices for the purpose of lightmap UVs generation. It fixes lighting artifacts for models in which there are duplicated vertices, but the normals of the duplicates differ very slightly.
2017-01-12 - Shapespark 1.0.37
- Disabled auto-smoothing for objects imported without vertex normals.
- Fixed editor selection precision issues ocurring on some computers. Previously, on such computers clicking on a small object or material might have selected incorrect object/material.
- Fixed light probe bounding box being rendered black in the editor on some computers.
2017-01-05 - Shapespark 1.0.36
- Improved automatic light probe bounding box size detection to reduce the number of cases when the box size needs to be manually adjusted.
- Made FBX the main import format for 3ds Max and documented the new import process.
- Restricted editor number input fields to ensure the value is from the correct range. For example: a value higher than 1.0 entered for material Opacity is automatically clamped to 1.0.
- Fixed a bug with not detecting mouse button release outside of of the viewer that affected Google Chrome users. When the mouse was released outside of the viewer and then the pointer re-entered the viewer, the mouse was incorrectly treated as pressed.
- Removed the box collider setting from the editor's Objects tab.
- Marked CUDA support as experimental.
2016-12-29 - Shapespark 1.0.35
- Faster scene upload.
- Faster web textures generation during the scene import and update.
- Place the camera in the scene center when an opened scene has no views.
- Make the scene center the intial orbit point for orbit-type views.
- Fixed a light probe initialization bug that caused rendering artifacts when a light probe was added from the editor.
- Do not import cameras for .fbx, .dae and .obj sources.
2016-12-21 - Shapespark 1.0.34
- Improved support for FBX imports.
- Documented Maya import via FBX.
- Improved collision detection performance for large
Setting box collider or disabling collisions for large objects is no longer needed.
2016-12-07 - Shapespark 1.0.33
- A form for reporting problems and asking support questions from the main Shapespark window.
- Do not show switch to full screen menu item if the viewer is launched from an iframe without the 'allowfullscreen' attribute.
- Fixed the viewer resizing problems on Safari mobile when a device is rotated.
2016-12-02 - Shapespark 1.0.32
- During scene import always convert textures with embedded ICC profile to sRGB color space. Improves color accuracy for browsers without proper ICC profiles support.
- Added 'Uploaded scenes' link to the main Shapespark window.